Friday, August 31, 2007

you're my home

Ginger and I have spent the last two days finishing all the things we've lived with unfinished for the last six years so our house could go on the market today. As we were leaving our realtor at the house, a couple was coming in to try and imagine themselves in the space we have called our own. I found myself humming this song as I drove away.


if I travel all my life
and I never get to stop and settle down
long as I have you by my side
there's a roof above and good walls all around
you're my castle you're my cabin
and my instant pleasure dome
I need you in my house
'cause you're my home
Peace,
Milton

4 comments:

Xaverian Missionaries USA said...

We would like to announce the forming of a new Interfaith Book Club.

Interfaith Book Club for Young Adults
Where: Our Lady of Fatima Shrine, Holliston MA
When: September 18 2007at 7pm (Monthly gatherings)
What: Meet kindred book lovers,. We will explore the relationship between spirituality of the great world faiths and the defining contemporary global events. All faiths welcome!

Contact: Fr. Carl Chudy or Fr. Joe Matteucig, Xaverian Missionaries at 508.429.2144 or email: bookclub-912@meetup.com. Register online at: www.bookclub.meetup.com/912/

Joe said...

"When you look into my eyes and see my gypsy soul."

Man, I love Billy Joel. I have this song on cd and need to add it to my Ipod.

"Home is just another word for you"

ah...good times.

Jimmy said...

Todays music DOES NOT have the hook or the story of older stuff...tis a shame.

Anonymous said...

My church, being Methodist, has a parsonage that was in such dire need of maintenance that we had to move our pastor and family out within days. They felt so uncertain, and so displaced. Now that they are in a rental house the dispute regarding repairs and updating continues, and they are caught in the middle. I am so happy you posted this song, I hope it will help them remember that while a home can be in a house, a house in and of itself is not a home. Home is wherever your love is.

I've fallen out of love with Billy Joel but this is a classic. It's perfect.

Thank you for sharing.